Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom...

today, march 5th, is my mom's birthday.  she would have been 61 years old today.  to be honest, the past week has been really tough for me (and i know for the rest of the family as well).  i think it's starting to sink in that my mom is no longer here.  my mom was one of the first people i would call whenever i got good news, or whenever i needed to ask a question.  i remember the other day i was in the kitchen in our apartment in dallas, and i had a question about cooking something.  i instinctively reached for my phone to call my mom, and then it hit me real hard that she wasn' t there.  

it still hurts everytime i pull into the driveway at my parents house, and my mom isn't there to greet me.  it still hurts everytime i walk by her empty piano bench.  it still hurts everytime i want to tell her something only to realize that i can't.   i feel like there's an emptiness in my heart.  i miss her so much, but i know by God's grace He will carry our family through.  my mom told us before she left that if it were possible, she would pray for us in Heaven.  i like to believe that she is still praying for us this very moment.

happy birthday, mom...we miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment